Terms & Conditions
A. About Us
Alegria Club was founded in 2011 by Ruxandra Chelaru and is an online website (the “Services“) operated by Alegria Club in the United Kingdom (“we,” “us,” “our,” and “Alegria Club“).
The Services enable our Members to, among other things, find out information displayed on the website.
B. Key Terms
“Contact” is a person a Member may contact through our Services.
“Member” means any person or entity that is registered with us to use the Services.
“Personal Information” means any information that identifies or can be used to identify a Member, a Contact, or a Visitor, directly or indirectly. Examples of Personal Information include, but are not limited to, first and last name, date of birth, email address, gender, occupation, or other demographic information.
“Visitor” means any person who visits any of our Websites.
“you” and “your” means, depending on the context, either a Member, a Contact, or a Visitor.
C. Privacy for Members
This section applies to the Personal Information we collect and process from a Member or potential Member through the provision of the Services. In this section, “you” and “your” refer to Members and potential Members.
C.1. Information We Collect
The Personal Information that we may collect broadly falls into the following categories:
(i) Information you provide to us: In the course of engaging with our Services, you may provide Personal Information about you and your Contacts. Personal Information is often, but not exclusively, provided to us when you sign up for and use the Services, consult with our customer service team, send us an email, or communicate with us in any other way.
This information may include:
- Registration information: When you register for an account, you will be asked to provide certain basic information.
- Billing and communications information: If you purchase our Services, you may also need to provide us with payment and billing information, such as your credit card details and billing address. We will also maintain a record of your billing transactions and purchases, and any communications and responses.
C.2. Information we collect automatically
This information may include:
- Device information: We collect information about the device and applications you use to access the Services, such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about your system and connection.
- Log data: Our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers and those log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses. We may also access metadata and other information associated with files that you upload into our Services.
- Product usage data: We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our Services, which may include the dates and times you access the Services and your browsing activities (such as what portions of the Services are used). We also collect information regarding the performance of the Services. This information allows us to improve the content and operation of the Services, and facilitate research and analysis of the Services.
C.3. Information we collect from other sources
From time to time, we may obtain information about you or your Contacts from third-party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, third-party data providers and our joint marketing partners. We take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally or contractually permitted to disclose such information to us.
- Examples of the information we receive from other sources include demographic information (such as age and gender), device information (such as IP addresses), location (such as city and state), and online behavioral data (such as information about use of social media websites, page view information and search results and links). We use this information, alone or in combination with other information (including Personal Information) we collect, to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing and content to you and to develop and provide you with more relevant products, features, and services.
C.4. Information from the use of our mobile apps
- Device information: We may collect information about the type of device and operating system you use. We do not ask for, access, or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our mobile apps or Services.
- Product usage data: We may use mobile analytics software (such as Fabric.io) to better understand how people use our application. We may collect information about how often you use the application and other performance data.
B. Use of Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information we collect through the Services or other sources for a range of reasons, including:
- To communicate with you about your account and provide customer support. For example, if you use our mobile apps, we may ask you if you want to receive push notifications about activity in your account. If you have opted in to these push notifications and no longer want to receive them, you may turn them off through your operating system.
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- For our data analytics projects. Our data analytics projects use data from various accounts, including Personal Information of Contacts, to provide and improve the Services. We use information like your sending habits and your Contacts’ details and purchase history, so we can make more informed predictions, decisions, and products for our Members.
- Other purposes. To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which we will notify you.